What we promise
We want you and your students to have one of those stand-out learning experiences where everyone is comfortable with the material, where students are stretched with new understandings and challenges, where we are all curious and engaged and where our teachers, leaders and artists are affable and interested in our well-being and individual learning.
We promise you an excellent performance and creative arts experience chock full of knowledge, talent and fun.
What we ask
- Inform your school community about the MITS artist visit by mentioning it in your announcements, newsletter or website
- Prepare yourself and your students by reading our program resource materials
- Confirm mutual expectations and details with the artist well in advance
- Ensure artist physical and material needs are in place
- Welcome the artist upon arrival with a secure area for his/her belongings, perhaps offer a coffee/tea or water
- Introductions all around beginning with the artist to your colleagues and students
- Insist on polite audience behaviour as our artists cannot be the disciplinarian
- Express your appreciation at the close of the program
- Please take lots of photos and remember to share them with us for inclusion in our program guide, grants and website