Contact us directly at 416.462.9400 • toll free in Ontario 1.888.255.6487 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you an emerging or professional performing artist with a passion for world oral traditions and introducing Ontario young people to these remarkable arts forms? Please check out the artist pages throughout this site to see what our roster artists offer young learners.
We are interested in performers who show …
- experience in and passion for performing for young audiences
- talent and skill in your art form
- authentic and clear connection to a traditional or roots based folk art form, an oral tradition, history or collective knowledge
- ability to link curriculum ideas to arts practice especially within a workshop format that brings rich topic ideas, encouraging inquiry and invention
- interest and experience in working within interdisciplinary collaborative projects
- social activism through the art form
We invite you to send us a description of your program(s) or your desire to build a program including …
- connection to folk/roots/oral tradition(s)
- curriculum connection beyond the Arts curriculum
- program objectives and how the objectives are achieved i.e. what children learn, why it’s important and how they learn it
- format (large or classroom performance or workshop)
- duration of program: no more than 60 min/performance and no more than 90 min/classroom workshop
- focus on elementary age children (grades JK/SK to 8)
- current police check (we can assist you in applying for this necessary credential)
There are no deadlines for applying to MITS however, consideration for the following year’s program guide is made by the spring of the current school year. Only those applications that are of interest will be contacted for further discussion.